Is it possible to build muscle and lose fat at the same time?
Find out in this in-depth interview with one of the world’s leading experts in fitness, nutrition and physique coaching Menno Henselmans from Bayesian Bodybuilding.
The full list of topics covered:
– Overview of the current state of the industry on the question of “Can you gain muscle and lose fat at the same time?”
– How often does body recomposition occur?
– How to estimate your real training age?
– Recommendations to set up a program for gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time?
– Can you reduce body fat while in a calorie surplus? (Get leaner on a bulk)
– Should you expect to be gaining strength and muscle mass on a cut?
– Calorie cycling and how to implement calorie cycling into your diet
– Interaction between calorie cycling, training volume and training frequency
– High-frequency Training for Beginners (Pros and Cons)
– Overtraining with high-frequency full body training
– Reactive de-loads vs Planned de-loads
– Managing fatigue and common signs of overtraining
Special thanks to Menno for coming on the channel! Enjoy the interview!
Can You Build Muscle and Lose Fat At The Same Time?
As far as natural lifters go and the stance of most coaches in the fitness industry currently have is that a body recomposition is happening mainly for:
- Overweight beginners making newbie gains while losing body fat
- Those coming back from a training break via muscle memory
- People who might have been involved in fitness for years but training, nutrition, and recovery was suboptimal
And for this interview I wanted to bring on Menno to talk to him about his experience with body recomposition, how frequently does it happen and if it’s so rare as a lot of people claim it to be.
Check out the Bayesian Bodybuilding PT Course at http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/pt-course/
Articles mentioned in the interview:
Maximum Muscular Bodyweight and Measurements Calculator by Casey Butt
Research studies to check out on the topic of building muscle and losing fat simultaneously:
Enjoy the interview!
For Online Coaching check out http://shockingfit.com/coaching/
If You’re looking for a workout plan check out:Beginner Routine
Beginner Routine http://shockingfit.com/workout-routine-for-newbies/
Intermediate – Advanced http://shockingfit.com/lean-and-strong/
Home & Travel http://shockingfit.com/full-body-no-equipment-routin
Download The "Lean and Strong" Workout Routine for FREE
Are you wasting your time in the gym with outdated "bro split" routines? Lean and Strong is an Advanced Upper/Lower routine that will take your physique to the next level. (Backed by Science. No Hype, No BS.)Click Here to Get Your New Workout