You might think soda drinks are irrelevant to fat burn but you’ll be surprised same as me when I first saw these stats. Check this out. According to Nation Master statistics each person consumes 216 liters of soft soda drinks per year, that’s almost a stunning 1 liter per person each day! These drinks are one of the worst calorie sources, 2 liters of coke has around 800 calories which equals to energy that a 155 lbs. person expands in 1hour of running 8 mph. One other statistics says that an average American consumes 20% of his/her daily calorie intake from soda, no wonder the obesity rates are going up all the time.
Personally I was never a big fan of sodas, I wasn’t someone who enjoys drinking a lot of coke but I would do it just for habit. I know some of friend can’t imagine not having coke after pizza or snacks while playing computer games and watching TV. First thing on avoiding soda is recognizing how soda make you gain belly fat a lot faster while drinking pure water promotes fat oxidation. I think we’ll all agree that you just can’t quench thirst with coke, funny thing is how the more you drink the thirstier you get. The problem lies in caffeine content which has diuretic effects and no matter how much you drink it won’t be enough.
One other very common thing is that people get addicted to the high blood sugar level feeling as a result of sugar content in these drinks.
Why Should You Stop Drinking Soda?
- It’s very bad for teeth, check out the YouTube video I’ll post below. Once I saw stuff like this on YouTube every time I saw coke it reminded me how dangerous it is. Sometimes you just have to see it with your own eyes to believe it.
- The energy content from soda is useless and only makes you fat. To reduce belly fat first thing you have to drop is empty calories like snacks, sweets and sodas. Elevated insulin levels when drinking soda is blocks all fat oxidation and makes sure you can’t use fat for energy then the body stores it most likely somewhere in the belly area.
- Damaged digestion system due to high acidic state which also forces the body has to use calcium from bones to alkalize the body.
- Can cause Sleeping and recovery problems due to high caffeine content.
- Other numerous health problems, most common are: high blood pressure, diabetes, liver problems, kidney stones, heart disease and some studies even suggest cancer from artificial sweeteners. This list should be enough to convince you to give up this bad habit for good.
How to Stop Drinking Soda?
It’s not easy to define exactly how to eliminate bad habits except with strong will power and dedication. My goal with this article was to open your eyes on something you might be missing, I truly believe that people want the best for themselves and usually that bad things are a results of lack of information. Here are some tips on how to get rid of soda drinks forever.
- Who would want to drink something that makes them fat. Dropping soda will have HUGE benefits on fat loss. It’s time to burn that belly fat!
- Recognize it as something that is harmful for your body.
- Remind yourself of all the negative effects listed above! Who would want to drink substances that could cause cancer?
- Always keep a bottle of pure water near in case you get thirsty.
- Start exercising and eating more Watery vegetables, that will help prevent possibility of dehydration.
- Break the addiction, best way to do so is to make a firm decision to stop and just do it. Remove all soda drinks from your home and office!
- Track how much money you spend on sodas and think of other things you can get instead.
- Watch the YouTube video every time you wake up :)
- Every habit is tough to break and the beginning is usually the hardest, stick by your decisions and don’t give up.
We’d love to hear your thoughts about soda and weight loss. Leave a reply below.
Good luck with your fitness goals!